cakes

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Broccoli - Caulifower Salad

When I was participating in a small group from church, we had a potluck once a month. I always took a salad and the salad depended on what was in season and what was on sale. My now deceased friend, Sheila, asked how I always had a different kind of salad? The answer is that I love fresh food and especially salads.
I recently made this salad, and it was to die for. It is not my recipe, but it is delicious. I have been thinking that one thing I might add would be black olives.


http://www.chef-in-training.com/2015/02/broccoli-cauliflower-salad/


Ingredients
  • 2 cups cauliflower, cut in bite size pieces
  • 2 cups broccoli, cut in bite size
  • ½ cups celery
  • 1 cup frozen peas
  • 1½ cups cooked and chopped bacon
Dressing
  • 2 cups mayonaise
  • ¼ cup sugar
  • ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
  • 2 teaspoons vinegar
  • ¼ teaspoons salt
  • ¼ cup chopped onion (I use red onions in salads)

Instructions
  1. In a large bowl toss cauliflower, broccoli, celery, peas, and bacon.
  2. In a medium bowl combine mayo, sugar, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, salt and onion. Mix well. Pour over salad and toss to mix well and serve.

No comments: