cakes

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Smothered Green Beans

http://werecookingood.blogspot.com/2016/03/crack-green-beans.html

This recipe is all over the internet, usually called Crack Green Bans. Since I avoid soy as much as possible, I am not sure what I will substitute in its place. It generally adds saltiness, and these green beans may not need salt if you use canned beans. I think I would use the bacon grease left from frying the bacon in place of the butter.

Ingredients:
  • 5 (15-oz) cans green beans, drained or  4 (12-ounce) bags frozen green beans, thawed.
  • 12 slices bacon, fried and crumbled
Sauce:
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup butter, melted
  • 7 teaspoons soy sauce
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder

How to Make It:

  1. Put the drained beans in a 9x13 pan. 
  2. Add the cooked bacon pieces. 
  3. Wisk together the remaining ingredients for the sauce.
  4. Pour over the beans and bake 40 minutes at 350. 
  5. Toss and serve

No comments: